Monday, January 09, 2006

Excitement

God seems to be up to something. There is something in the works, I can't yet say what is up, I am not sure yet myself, I am praying about what to do next. But it seems that somehow my PTP training and my art might collide in a wonderful God like way. God is so cool. Here I am, compartmentalizing my life like always and then out of the blue God knocks my socks off! Just goes to show you that we are completely wholly integrated beings. Everything we are, do, feel and think is connected. I will keep you posted as I know what will be coming up next. But I do know I will be making studio time a priority.

A little over 2 months ago I felt that God was impressing upon me to simplify my life, to organize and get rid of the clutter, he was going to bring me into a new phase for my life. Although I have been working on that, I wish I would have taken that impression with more urgency and action. Another lesson learned: When God nudges act - now! I just feel that by spring things will be moving along at a different pace than they are now and I will need to be free of clutter and disorganization in my life. So...guess what I will be doing on my weekends?

morning pages. I am doing them at night. I just realized that I had started them this time last year and made it through June doing daily pages, then I started work and they went by the wayside. I haven't read any of them since I wrote them. I think I might go back and read them this weekend. I don't even remember what I wrote. I am thinking that my artists date this week will be spending the day decluttering. I know that isn't really a fun thing, but I think it is the best gift I can give my artist self right now...an organized and finished studio. Decluttering, letting go, lightening the load. Right now it also feels like letting go of distractions as well.

I didn't do any art today. My hands hurt as I spent a lot of time on the computer at work today. But I did jot ideas and simple sketches in my sketch book tonight.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I think your Artist Date sounds perfect for your spirit. What's happening in your relationship with God is exciting. I'm waiting to hear!