Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Checking in

I haven’t posted for a while. I have been so busy this spring! Oh my studio is a mess. I haven’t created art for months. Spring rains flooded my basement studio and I had to move everything over to the middles. Now we are going to create a gutter and add a sump pump so that this yearly occurrence doesn’t happen again. Finally after all these years of sucking up water off the floor, out of the carpets, this year it was just too unmanageable and mom agreed to doing something constructive about it. To be fair, years ago, only the worst springs would bring water, and only seepage at that. But the last 2 or 3 years have been enough to make one crazy.

Because of the dampness, and mold during this time I can’t be in the studio during this time…and this year it is driving me crazy. I have also been so busy with life that I haven’t been able to do much more than a few sketches and journal entries. But life is good. I am working on the final requirements for my life purpose coaching certification. I love coaching so much. It is like I have come home and found what I am good at, really good at, finally. Not that I haven’t been good at other things in my life, I have. But there is something wonderful about walking the pathway with women as they navigate toward finding what their life calling is. It is an amazing thing to see the shift of understanding in their eyes as they realize that God loves them enough to not only call them to do what they have harbored in their hearts and only dreamed of doing, but that He is the originator of that dream and wants to collaborate in living out that dream.

I wish I had something to scan and show today, but I don’t. I have been keeping lists, jotting down ideas for works, and nose deep in books and hip deep in the web looking at other artists works for inspiration. And inspired I am…now itching to get back and unpack my studio.

No comments: